ACREW’s goal is to set a new standard of professionalism in super-yachting. We think the right way to achieve this is through knowledge sharing and lifelong learning. Learning doesn’t stop once you have the certificate in your hands.
Whether you are sitting in the crew mess with your colleagues, sitting in the crew lounge in port or alone in your cabin, we offer you the opportunity to learn new skills within your career onboard. ACREW and our business partners, who are experts in their fields, came up with diverse and interesting topics to continue sharing knowledge with superyacht crew.
On this page you can find all ACREW Online Webinars. Choose a topic you are interested in and learn something new!
Enhance Guest & Crew information workflow efficiency
Guy Butterati and Jean-Pierre Casanova
- HOW TO CREATE AN INFORMATION SYSTEM THAT SUITS YOUR NEEDS AND CONTEXT
- IMPROVE INFORMATION ACCESS AND DISPLAY FOR CREW & GUESTS
- TIPS & TRICKS FROM AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS DESIGNER
The Inventory of Hazardous Materials: Are you ready for January 2021?
Ben Geary and Gerhard Aulbert
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IHM
- THE LATEST NEWS ON MANAGING COMPLIANCE OF YOUR VESSEL
- COMMON ISSUES WITHIN THE IHM CERTIFICATION PROCESS
Antifouling Technology – Past, Present and Future
- ANTIFOULING TECHNOLOGIES HISTORY AND FUTURE PLANS
- PAINT COMPOSITION UNDERSTANDING
- HOW TO SELECT THE BEST ANTIFOULING FOR A YACHTS UNIQUE CRITERIA
COVID-19 situation update
- UPDATE ON TESTING OPTIONS
- MAINTAINING CREW HEALTH
- COVID-19 SITUATION UPDATE
How easy is it to hack a yacht?
Mike Jones “Sting3r”, Campbell Murray and Julian Defreitas
- HOW VULNERABLE IS A YACHT REALLY?
- HOW YACHTS, OWNERS AND THEIR CREW CAN BE BETTER PROTECTED
- IMO REGULATIONS 2021
How to safely go off the beaten path
Cheryl M. Zimmerman
- DIFFERENCES BETWEEN 2D AND 3D SONARS
- USES OF FORWARD-LOOKING SONAR ON BOARD SUPERYACHTS
- TIPS ON HOW TO GET WHERE YOU WANT TO GO
How to enhance standards through training on board and ashore
Paul Glatzel, Mark Wood and Anastasia Yushkova
- BEING AN RYA TRAINING CENTRE FOR PW – PITFALLS AND OVERCOMING THEM
- VIRTUAL REALITY AND THE TRAINING ENVIRONMENT
- TRAINING AND CONFIDENCE IN SECURITY AT WORK AND HOME
Cigar tutorial: Essential knowledge about cigars
Daniel Egeas and Mayte Bruguera
- THE HISTORY OF CIGARS AND TOBACCO GROWING REGIONS
- CIGAR SMOKING (DRAWING, CUTTING AND LIGHTING)
- CIGAR STORING AND BASIC CARE
Green networking and entrepreneurialism – an opportunity after yachting?
Jelena Celar and Susanne Lochner
- WHAT IS GREEN ENTREPRENEURSHIP?
- WHAT BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES DO EX-YACHTIES HAVE?
- HOW CAN YOU SET UP YOUR BUSINESS WHILE STILL ON BOARD?
Mental health on board
- HOW TO SPOT WHEN ALL IS NOT OK.
- OPTIONS TO ESCALATE.
- TIPS ON CREATING A STRONG CULTURE FOR GOOD MENTAL WELL-BEING.
- A QUICK FINANCIAL HEALTH CHECK
- THE THREE KEY PILLARS OF FINANCIAL PLANNING IN THE YACHTING INDUSTRY
The key elements of mixed drinks
- BUILDING BLOCKS OF GREAT DRINKS
- INTRODUCTION TO TEQUILA
- MIXOLOGY GUIDELINES
Emotional intelligence and your journey through the zones
Lynne Edwards and Julia Rogers
- THE FEAR ZONE
- THE LEARNING ZONE
- THE GROWTH ZONE
Best practices for crew during COVID-19 pandemic
- UPDATE ON CURRENT SITUATION
- BEST PRACTICES FOR PREVENTION, ISOLATION, TESTING AND TREATMENT
- CASE STUDY EXAMPLES
Taking advantage of the lockdown to improve procedures on board while enhancing crew welfare and guest safety
Ted Fitzgerald, Sara Ballinger and Paul Donaghy
- LEARN ABOUT EFFICIENT PROCEDURES ON BOARD.
- LEARN WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE READY FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON.
The future of the superyacht crew job market
Laurence Lewis and Captain John Blaney
- WILL THERE BE A SEASON?
- WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS A SEASON?
- WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS NO SEASON?
- HOW WILL COVID-19 AFFECT HIRING CREW AND FINDING A JOB?
Talent Dynamics Insight
Lynne Edwards and Julia Rogers
- WHAT MAKES YOU TICK?
- CONNECT AND COMMUNICATE TO THE MAX
- WHERE IS YOUR THINKING?
So you think you’re cyber safe?
Svante Einarsson and Peter Broadhurst
- LEARN ABOUT THE NEW IMO MARITIME CYBER SECURITY GUIDELINES
- LEARN HOW TO DETECT SPAM
- LEARN WHAT YOU CAN DO TO KEEP A YACHT CYBER SECURE
Wine service and storage, with special focus on older/mature vintages
- LEARN TIPS ON SERVING OLDER WINE
- LEARN ABOUT HOW TO STORE MATURING WINE
- LEARN ABOUT OLDER OR MATURE VINTAGES
How to implement and benefit from remote collaboration tools and workflow from a crew perspective
Jean Pierre Casanova and Guy Butterati
- HOW TO CHOOSE IT TOOLS FOR REMOTE AND LOCAL COLLABORATION (E.G ZOOM MEETINGS, MIRO REAL-TIME BOARD, DROPBOX FILES SHARING AND COLLABORATION)…
- UNDERSTAND, ANTICIPATE AND MITIGATE INTERNET BANDWIDTH REQUIREMENTS AND CONNECTIVITY ISSUES WITH THESE CLOUD-BASED TOOLS…
- GET TO KNOW THE BENEFITS OF A CREW INFORMATION DYNAMIC SIGNAGE TOOL FOR WORKFLOW, AWARENESS, EFFICIENCY AND SAFETY…
Wellbeing & Motivation during Lockdown
Julia Rogers and Lynne Edwards
- FIND OUT WHAT MAKES YOU TICK
- COMMUNICATION & CONNECTION
- CONSCIOUS THINKING