Campbell Murray is an established global leader in the field of information security. With over 20 years of experience ranging from offensive security assessments and security engineering in a vast range of environments providing Campbell with a rare detail of insight into the fields of cybersecurity.
Campbell established himself as a penetration testing consultant in 2000, having left a related Government career, and formed CISC Ltd. In 2006 CISC Ltd merged with Corporate Solutions Ltd to form Encription Ltd. In 2016 Encription Ltd was acquired by BlackBerry and Campbell held the position of Global Head of Cybersecurity Services at BlackBerry for 4 years until deciding to form Merimetso Ltd in 2020. Merimetso is an international network of leading cybersecurity experts providing specialist training and consultancy in the areas of IoT, OT, IT, security engineering and forensics.
A firm believer in knowledge transfer, Campbell was a founding director of the TigerScheme in 2007 and the Cyber Scheme in 2013 where he is now the chair of the technical panel.
Experience and expertise
Campbell has undertaken multiple consultative engagements in the following areas:
- Nation state forensics
- IoT design and assessment against
- Military physical security devices and biometrics
- Police physical security devices and biometrics
- Airport security scanners and physical access control devices
- Multiple aviation and maritime penetration tests
- Automotive consultancy in engineering and penetration testing for leading manufacturers
- High risk classified environment network penetration testing
- Code reviews against a wide range of languages for a wide range of applications
- Communications technologies including
- VoIP and SIP
- Video conferencing protocols
- Radio Frequency analysis