I am absolutely honoured. Thank you.
I help green yacht crew that have no clue where to start, which courses to take, the actual meaning of these courses and what you are eligible to do after acquiring them, find jobs on yachts.
I also help experienced crew that want to leave their current positions onboard but are too afraid to resign because of the uncertainty of finding another suitable position. It’s no secret that yacht crew get cabin fever and desire a new and challenging adventure. I have developed a program that allows JUST that!
14-day approach plan allows you to be anywhere in the world at any time and seen by the correct people that are more likely to make contact with you and present an opportunity.
A little bit about me… I have over 10 years experience onboard Luxury Super Yachts. I have worked my way up from Junior Deckhand through to Becoming a Captain. My career peaked when I became Chief Officer. I worked in this position for 2 years and learned an incredible amount of fundamental skills required to be a leader on board, but also in life! I then came home to South Africa because my mother needed my assistance. But, The truth is, I kept telling myself that because I didn’t want to admit that I was completely over the lifestyle that one has after living on board a yacht for 10 years. Amongst battling the uncertainty of my future my older brother, Jethy de Wet, gave me the idea to help others do what I do! At first, I didn’t think much of it you know, IMPOSTER SYNDROME hit me hard and I thought to myself no one would want to work with me because there are so many schools in the world that already do this. I then got offered a position to run a boat here in Cape Town. How wouldn’t want to run a yacht in the V$A waterfront? After about two weeks it was made painfully clear that I was over it.
I submitted to the fact and thought long and hard about my next move but again I referred to the easy way out which was flying to the states and hopping on a boat there, but I said no! For once in my life, I am going to set a goal and finish it!
Since then I have been looking at yachting from a completely different angle! I realised that there is no school in the world that ACTUALLY teaches crew how to find A. JOB! THEY ALL JUST PROVIDE THE PLATFORM TO MAKE YOU LEGALLY ACCREDITED TO THEN GO AND FIND ONE. YES, THEY GIVE YOU ADVICE AND FEW POINTERS HERE AND THERE BUT THAT’S NOT NEARLY ENOUGH! ESPECIALLY IN TODAYS WORLD WHERE YOUR AVERAGE NEW CREW REGISTRATIONS IS 22% ANNUALLY.
I WAS NEVER MORE MOTIVATED IN MY LIFE TO CREATE THE PERFECT METHOD
Below is a general description of my process.
Step 1 – Wheel of life:
The Wheel of Life® is often used and used as a means of coaching and / or setting goals. In the Wheel of Life®, it is intended to identify how an individual spends his time and how satisfied this person is about the different parts and areas that life has to offer. This creates a type of self-reflection, that allows you to get (even) more out of life.
Step 2 – GROW
G Goal The Goal is the endpoint, where the client wants to be. The goal has to be defined in such a way that it is very clear to the client when they have achieved it.
R The Current Reality is where the client is now. What are the issues, the challenges, how far are they away from their goal?
O Obstacles There will be Obstacles stopping the client getting from where they are now to where they want to go. If there were no Obstacles the client would already have reached their goal. Once Obstacles have been identified, the client needs to find ways of dealing with them if they are to make progress. These are the Options.
W Way Forward The Options then need to be converted into action steps which will take the client to their goal. These are the Way Forward.
Step 3 – Online Positioning
• Build a brilliant brand for yourself and showcase online authority.
• By teaching you how the 5 A’s of online influence and success helps you find work.
• To write an eye-catching resume and where to find incredible resources and FREE resume templates.
• Providing you with a recorded step by step tutorial
• Build your Audience and have Recruiters contact YOU
Which jobs to accept and when to be more patient.
What to expect from the crew. How to initialise banter and not offend anyone.
Which information to keep confidential
• I help you Share your story. People buy people
• Explaining to you the power of a good story
Step 4 – Authority Building
• You Learn how to use the untapped power of social media marketing:
• You will understand How to Grow Your Audience
• How to get an incredible amount of followers, and grow your audience in your sleep.
• How to Prospect employers on Social Media
• How to use Facebook groups to find work
• How To Convert Leads Into Jobs While You Sleep.
• How To Attract More Recruiters.
• How to Leverage Your Past Story to Accelerate Your Future
• How To Make A Powerful Impact With Effective Communications
Step 5 – Launching
• Body Language.
• You will be equipped with the necessary body language to flawlessly speak with an industry senior. By giving you updated information related to the industry and by exposing you to the raw power of body language, you will be far better prepared to thank your competitors.
• What questions to ask Captains or the interviewer.
• You have regularly interview training with current Captains. This method is for finding work either from abroad, or if you are already in your chosen location.
By helping you be fully prepared/