These Terms and Conditions set out the whole agreement between you and us for the supply of services and constitute an agreement between you and us. Please ensure that you read and understand these Terms and Conditions because you will be bound by them. Each membership type comprises of one or more activities. Careful consideration should be given as to which type of membership is most appropriate to you. Cost and affordability should form part of this process. For example, depending upon the number of times you take part in activity at ACREW it may be more affordable to take out a paid membership rather than use the free membership. Current membership prices and individual activity/day pass prices are available on our website and at Events. It is your individual choice and preference as to which membership you decide to use or purchase. It is important to note that should you choose a membership type where, for any reason whatsoever, you are unable to participate in all of the benefits there will be no reduction to the fee/payment or compensation paid. Similarly, should you become unable to take part in any benefit included in your membership, for whatever reason, during the course of any membership there will be no reduction in fees. However, we will consider suspension, freezing, termination and/or changing to another membership type depending upon the circumstances.
- In the course of your (paid or free) membership, ACREW may collect certain personal information about you including personal details, professional details and information about your participation in events. We will use this information for the purposes of managing your membership and communicating with you. These communications are not limited to ACREW and includes ACREW labels, OPA Group Holdings Participation labels and 3rd Parties such as workshop Facilitators, Sponsors and Partners.
- You will always be given the opportunity to opt out of Marketing communications via the website or through unsubscribing by email.
- You have the duty to keep your personal information up to date and to inform us of any significant changes.
- We will limit access to the processing of and use of your personal information by our employees and management who may, from time to time, require its use for marketing or other services. In addition, from time to time, we may need to make your personal information available to third parties such as legal authorities.
- Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about how we will use and store your personal information or if you wish to exercise your right to access, modify, object to the use of or request the deletion of your personal information.
- We reserve the right to take photographs and videos of our events (which may include you, provided your inclusion is incidental) for press and promotional purposes.
As a member of ACREW, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the provisions of this section and that you agree that we may collect, use, process and disclose your personal information as described.
EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
The Member hereby acknowledges and agrees that ACREW shall have no liability whatsoever in contract, payment, compensation, customer services, warranties amongst others for services and products offered by third parties within the Membership offering.
The above exclusion of liability equally applies to any additional membership benefits and services offered through partnerships or participations, including, but not limited to; Crew Match, where we do not guarantee any job placements as a result of using this service and United Advisers Marine, where we do not accept any responsibility or liability for investment advice provided, nor any real or opportunity losses that may arise from following any investment advice provided..
CANCELLATION OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP
- Free Membership – No contract: You can cancel at any time by unsubscribing online in your profile page.
- Paid Membership – 12 Month Contracts: You can cancel your new paid membership Contract within fourteen (14) days if you joined online, or ten (10) days if you joined in person, without providing a reason, but you must inform the Membership Administrator in writing within these timeframes. If your cancellation notice is received outside of these timeframes, subsection 3. will apply.
- Paid Membership – 12 Month Contracts: Paid Membership Contracts renew automatically at each yearly anniversary of the start date of your initial paid membership. You cannot cancel your paid membership during a 12 month contract period, however you can cancel the renewal of your paid membership for subsequent periods by informing Membership Administration in writing with at least 1 months’ notice of the contract end date (in other words no later than 11 months from the start of current contract period that you are in).