The Chief Engineer & ETO Crew Award is for someone with proven excellent engineering skills topped with great managerial skills. The Chief Engineer or ETO coordinates the team, with a focus on safety and leadership, while coaching where necessary. The purchasing and budgeting is mastered as well as the day-to-day management of the mechanical and electrical operations. This Chief Engineer or ETO has clear decision-making and good communication skills.
• The day-to-day management of mechanical and electrical operations aboard
• Team management and supervision
• The coordination of operations with shore-side engineers
• The trouble-shooting and repair of all systems and equipment onboard
• The sourcing and purchasing of parts
• The docking, undocking and anchoring of the yacht
• Safety focus
• Team focus
• Decision making
• Technical management
Contribute to the MaritimeMT Crew Awards Charity that helps young people to start their lives and their careers.